In MEF University, in order to apply the flipped learning model in the best way, three different laboratories have been established: The faculty computer laboratory, a software engineering laboratory to support our department students, and a high-performance computing research laboratory to successfully carry out our research and development works with up-to-date software and hardware.
FACULTY COMPUTER LABORATORY
There are a total of 88 (40 + 48) desktop computers and two projection systems in each of the faculty computer laboratories, and all practical lectures can take place in those laboratories.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LABORATORY
In the software engineering laboratory, there are 30 computers and a touch screen television projection system, which have been created in a modern flipped classroom layout and are placed in a way that is suitable for collective student work.
In a high-performance computing research laboratory, there are computers equipped with state-of-the-art multi-core processors and graphics cards that can operate at high speeds. In addition, there are required software and hardware in the lab suitable to pursue research. There are many research groups in our department using these software and hardware equipment. These research groups can be listed as follows: Brain Dynamics Research Group, Human-Computer Interaction Research Group, Artificial Intelligence & Robotics Research Group, Computer Vision Research Group, Big Data Analytics Research Group, Natural Language Processing Research Group, Distributed Systems, Networks and Storage Research Group.
• g.Nautilus PRO 32 Channel EEG/ERP system
• OpenBCI 16-channel EEG/ERP system
• MSI GT75 Titan 8RG-092TR i9-8950HK 32 GB 1 TB + 512 GB (2X256) SSD GTX 1080 17.3" Full HD Notebook
• Tobii 4C Eye Tracker Development Kit (60 Hz)
• Gazepoint 3 HD Eye Tracker 150Hz
• Gazepoint 3 HD Biometric System
• Gazepoint 3 HD Biometric (HR, Heart Rate) System
• HTC Vive Pro Virtual Reality (VR) System
• Pupil Labs Mobile Eye Tracker System
• Apexx 5 - TitanXp (4 x NVIDIA Titan Xp 12 GB + 128 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 + 1 TB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSDExt) server
• Fove Virtual Reality (VR) System (eye tracker integrated)
• GoPro Hero 7 Black Action Camera
• Flir C3 Wifi Pocket Thermal Camera
• Bosch Gtc 400 C Thermal Camera
• Flir One Pro – 160×120 (-20+400C) Thermal Camera (Android)
• Lenovo ThinkStation P330 Tiny Business Desktop Black (Intel core i7-8700T 6-Core, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Quadro P620, WiFi, Bluetooth, 5xUSB 3.1, 1xHDMI, Win 10 Pro
• CNVDDB2-G80V2 CompecTA Nova EngineTM G80Ti, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 352-bit 11GB GDDR5X Memory (2), 64 GByte (4 x 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ) Memory, X299 Workstation Motherboard, Intel Core i9-7900X, 3.30 GHz, 10 Core / 20 Thread CPU, 512GB SSD cache for RAID, 3TB SATA 6Gb 3.5” Enterprise Hard Drives in RAID 5, 250GB SATA 6Gb Internal SSD for OS
• Dell PowerEdge R730 ve two of Dell PowerEdge R230 servers
All computer laboratories have up-to-date software (AutoCAD, MATLAB, Eclipse, GAMS, IBM SPSS Statistics, Code::Blocks, Microsoft Office, R-Studio, and Unity, SAP2000, OpenSesame, Planarter Concepts, Minitab, PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, GRASS GIS, QGIS, Abaqus ve SolidWorks, ANSYS Student) for students to use based on their needs.